Change resolution by hand?

WhiteDevil

Question

Is there any way to modify the game resolution by hand from a config file or from console?

My problem is a bit unique. My monitor which has some faulty **** going on with itself. It is a standard fullHD monitor but it's DVI input has gone faulty and only shows a standard monitor with only 1024x768 as it's supported resolution.

As a result I had to brute force windows to use it's native 1920x1080. Other games also give me problems now with the monitor since they only see the 1024x768 resolution but I can always work around it by using borderless or windowed more.

But Pillars only sees that the monitor can give 1024x768 and I can't change it in any way...

problam.jpg

I have tried to use my 2nd monitor to use resolutions from it, but this had only made the game use 1680x1050 resolution but it had also scaled the window to 1024x768.

I'd see this would be easy to fix by having a option to start the game with any resolution you give parameters to, like I've used with other games that support windowed mode and borderless mode.

So is there anyway to start the game with windowed mode and custom resolution?

5 answers to this question

I managed to find that you can actually launch unity with a custom resolution with commans

"-screen-height"

"-screen-width"

They did seem to work but as soon as the game starts the window resets back to 1024x768 as previously. Any help would be appreciated.

edit:

found where you can edit the game configs from http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Pillars_of_Eternity but this had no effect aswell.

Edited by WhiteDevil

Is there any way to modify the game resolution by hand from a config file or from console?

My problem is a bit unique. My monitor which has some faulty **** going on with itself. It is a standard fullHD monitor but it's DVI input has gone faulty and only shows a standard monitor with only 1024x768 as it's supported resolution.

As a result I had to brute force windows to use it's native 1920x1080. Other games also give me problems now with the monitor since they only see the 1024x768 resolution but I can always work around it by using borderless or windowed more.

But Pillars only sees that the monitor can give 1024x768 and I can't change it in any way...

problam.jpg

I have tried to use my 2nd monitor to use resolutions from it, but this had only made the game use 1680x1050 resolution but it had also scaled the window to 1024x768.

I'd see this would be easy to fix by having a option to start the game with any resolution you give parameters to, like I've used with other games that support windowed mode and borderless mode.

So is there anyway to start the game with windowed mode and custom resolution?

While not an answer to your question, I can offer some advice. Your monitor isn't providing the correct EDID info; that's what windows uses to determine your screen's capabilities such as max resolution, color depth and refresh rate. PoE is pulling its resolution options from windows, so to fix your issue you have to spoof the correct EDID. Check out this article for one method https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj133967(v=vs.85).aspx

Another method is to use a tool called Powerstrip. Try googling "powerstrip edid override".