The Master Below (Title vague on account of spoilers)

MeanMe

Question

I got to the last level of the Endless Paths, met the Master, talked it into giving me the task with the medallion. Met the dragon hunter, betrayed the dragon and learned Scale-Breaker.

Went back to the lowest level of the Paths, ready to face off with the Master. Except apparently it's still soulless, green. If I talk to it I get the message about the soul being absent. If I walk past it towards the treasury, it attacks me but remains green/friendly unless I force attack. As long as its friendly, none of its minions attack either.

Is this intended?

3 answers to this question

This happened to me too.

I have the 1.0.3 patch, steam edition.

I did not notice it attack me though...

it was friendly when I "talked" to it and got the absent soul thing.

Then I started walking towards the treasure and passed the wannabe-kobolds and suddenly my party entered combat mode.

Nothing attacked me though, so I just continued walking and then realised I could not loot the treasure :(

I hope this isn't intentional...

Met with this bug too while doing exactly the same actions as TS. Looks like manually attacking the dragion works as a workaround but I have yet to check if the quest will be finished properly in that case. Definetily needs to be fixed though because battle mode without any battle is so weird.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77181-adra-dragon-bugged-after-betraying-him-to-to-dragonslayer/

i sugest merging these two topics

Met with this bug too while doing exactly the same actions as TS. Looks like manually attacking the dragion works as a workaround but I have yet to check if the quest will be finished properly in that case. Definetily needs to be fixed though because battle mode without any battle is so weird.

quest finished properly for me

is there a soulles body if you release the dragon?

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/