Parable of Wael Bug

riion

Question

Absolutely loving the game.

However there is a huge problem for me during the quest for The Parable of Wael.

When I return to the Temple, I am now suddenly an enemy. 

I have tried burying and not burying the scroll and both times I am under attack when entering the Temple.

This is a big problem. I can't turn in the quest and there seems to be no way for me to fix the issue. They were not hostile prior to acquiring the quest.

I have attached a zip file of dxdiag/savegame info and log as requested from the sticky. 

I hope it is fixable, I much rather not have to play through hours of gameplay. I don't even know where the bug kicked in to begin with.

5 answers to this question

I ran the save post acquiring 'The Parable of Wael' (when the npc's & Grimda are not hostiles obviously), and ran back pre kill of the thiefs (prekill/afterkill/bury/non bury seems to be nonfactors). I checked the log and it shows this?

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

UnloadTime: 41.810402 ms
Checking to instantiate global...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Shader warmup: 140 shaders 416 combinations 0.021s
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 10 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 3313 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 115290.
Total: 104.371628 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.594875 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.799354 ms MarkObjects: 76.072899 ms  DeleteObjects: 15.434228 ms)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1788)

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1788)

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 78486 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 15326.
Total: 202.978653 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.066748 ms CreateObjectMapping: 10.583031 ms MarkObjects: 14.865652 ms  DeleteObjects: 171.993713 ms)

Looks like 'The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!' is causing the issue?

Anyways I hope it helps.

I've got the same issue, I was wondering if it was because I picked the lock and stole the book from the Elder Archive instead of getting the key from her from this particular quest.

Attaching save and output logs below.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/grbf5suv1o4qide/992f8725124d4744ba7118f5e7da955c%2010719462%20Copperlane.savegame?dl=0

Output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs0qktfxmuie0a5/output_log.txt?dl=0

I've got the same issue, I was wondering if it was because I picked the lock and stole the book from the Elder Archive instead of getting the key from her from this particular quest.

Attaching save and output logs below.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/grbf5suv1o4qide/992f8725124d4744ba7118f5e7da955c%2010719462%20Copperlane.savegame?dl=0

Output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs0qktfxmuie0a5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hey Dynganth, sorry to hear you had the same issue.

I too also picked the lock and stole the book. One of the first things I did actually. It still doesn't make sense for the hostile flag to trip AFTER gaining the Parable of Wael quest. You would think the hostile flag would be tripped after picklocking and stealing the book, making the Parable quest unobtainable :s

I do hope it gets fixed in the upcoming patch. I'm a terrible completionist!

Found the issue.

I ran a save just before opening the door to steal the book. 

Stealthed (but with red eyes, meaning you are seen), you can enter without triggering the hostile flag. But if you leave and enter again, it will trigger the hostile flag. This is the true bug. 

I tried it without stealth, and it triggered the hostile flag immediately. 

I would suggest the fix to not allow you to enter the door in stealth, especially with red eyes as it shouldn't be allowed anyway. 

Welp... time to replay two hours -.- Hope this helps dev. The issue definitely resides upon entering the door in stealth.

Any news on that, dear developers?

I ran into the same bug.

1) I visited the archives and stole the scrolls in the vault. There was a sound/notification that I got caught (although nobody saw me) but nobody turned hostile.

2) Grimda gave me the quest "The Parable of Wael".

3) I left the archives and met Nyhda who gave me the quest for "The Theorems of Pandgram" for which I have to steal the scrolls in the archives in the first place.

4) I found the parable of wael and buried it under the dragon's scull.

5) I returned to the archives to talk with Grimda about the quest.

6) Once I enter the archives everyone is hostile against me for no apparent reason

That renders the "The Parable of Wael" unsolvable. Not even to mention that if you're forced to kill the people in the archives you lose all reputation in Defiance Bay.

Since this seems to be a quest-breaking bug it should be quite high on your priority list imho. I truly hate quest breaking bugs... :(

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg