Jump to content
  • 0

Missing Item and Interactable Descriptions


seymsag

Question

Hello,

 

I am on Lubuntu 14.04, and have the Steam version of the game. After I started a new game first thing I realised was that the crystalline stone growth just north of the bonefire reads "Missing Interactables ###(some number)" when I tried to interact with it, and items I had in inventory also had "Missing Items ###" as names, so did all the items sold by the first encountered merchant. I tried to verify the integrity of game cache for naught, also deleted and redownloaded the game to rectify the problem with no success. I searched the forums to see if anybody else had experienced the issue, but couldn't find any. I would appreciate If you could help me solve the problem.

 

Thanks

 

PS: I can't seem to upload output log or saved games, uploader fails for some reason regardless of file extension or size.

Edited by seymsag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Played the game up to the entrance of the first dungeon, no items or interactables have descriptions (all missing); prerendered background was also missing in the dungeon; just a white halo encircling the party, and black nothingness around it. Could this be a case sensitivity issue? Also Steam shows the game weighing 13738 MBs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I managed to upload files to a file hosting service; here is the link: http://www.filedropper.com/files_4

 

savelog.zip contains first autosave and the log I copied at that time; while savelog1.zip contains the autosave, log and screenshot for the entrance of the first dungeon. System information was gathered from System Profiler and Benchmark tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I found out the problem while checking the log files. It is caused by file name mismatch; for example, game looks for "ınteractables.stringtable", actual file however is called "interactables.stringtable". Same thing goes for the background image; "st_ar_0702_ruin_ınt.assetbundle" is called for, yet the file is called "st_ar_0702_ruin_int.assetbundle".

 

I wonder if there is an easy way of fixing this rather than waiting the game to display error messages, and modifying file names manually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@Obsidian

I have looked into the Assembly-CSharp.dll and found your culprit where i expected it. Its the ToLower() method applied to file paths. Without a Locale parameter it uses the System Locale, and for Turkish this goes nuts. See explanation why in the previous posts.

 

Its for example in QuestManager.LoadQuestData()

 

filename = filename.Remove(0, Application.dataPath.Lenght + 1).ToLower();
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...