Stuck on 'The Old Watcher' quest, please help.

Jovoo

Question

Hey guys

So I'm enjoying this game a lot but I'm stuck on a quest and I don't know how to continue. The quest in question is The Old Watcher. Now I think I've done everything there is to do (cleared an area, enter the great hall, talk to the steward, enter and clear the dungeon), and yet I cannot find Maerwald.

I assume that he is behind the curtain of energy that is impassable, because that's the only area of the dungeon where I haven't been, but I cannot get passed no matter how I try.  I've been stuck for so long, if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd be grateful. 

Tnx. 

2 answers to this question

I'm also stuck on this quest. I checked the walkthrough and apparently there is a door to be unlocked. I believe I have found this door (left side of the room just before the big room with the blue crystal object). However, I can't interact with the door. I can click the ground on the other side as if there was no door, and my party attempts to go there, but the door is obviously in the way. I have a "heavy iron key" in my stash, and I can't take it out of my stash for whatever reason. I assume that is the key I need? Help needed asap please, been playing this game non-stop since I got it earlier today and would really not like it if I had to stop playing due to a bug in a critical point of the story :(

I figured it out. Turns out the Maerwald was in room behind a door in the first hallway after the stair zone transition on the right. I figured he was gonna be deeper in the dungeon, but alas, I was wrong. I now have a full party of level sixes and have only stopped playing to sleep! Gonna be playing all day tomorrow from the moment I awake 'till an hour prior to my slumber. Game is absolutely amazing so far, great job Obsidian.