Phoenix Guards (Brust) Party thoughts

(For those not familiar, I'm referencing the characters in Steven Brust's Phoenix Guards books. If you don't know what I'm talking about, no problem. I mean, you life is hollow and empty, devoid of all joy, meaning, and adventure, but otherwise, no problem. They are a series of adventures in the style of Dumas' Three Musketeers, written in a lovely pastiche of the style of those novels. They are brilliant, and if you haven't read them, you should go and bring some light into your benighted existence.

Ahem. It is possible that in my love of those novels I get a bit carried away...  In any event, I'm hoping that others here have read them and can help me)

In any event, since I can hire adventurers, I'm of a mind to create a party that includes each of the principle characters: Khaavren, Aerich, Tazendra and Pel, and I'm trying to work out class choices, and to a lesser extent development paths).

Khaavren and Aerich strike me as fairly easy: a fighter and a paladin, respectively (obviously, anywhere it comes up, all the friends fight with a weapon in each hand, save Tazendra who naturally fights two-handed except when she has a staff in one hand and a huge sword in the other. Sadly, I don't think that this game will let me do that). For Pel, I'm thinking Rogue, although you can make a case for Priest or Chanter. But Tazendra I'm hung up on. In the books she is both a powerful sorcerer (and later, the first of the great wizards of the post-Interregnum). But as a Dzur lord, she is also greatly skilled with the blade.

Thoughts from anyone who has a clue what I'm talking about?