Saving Issue

cluelessluke

Question

Hello all!

I got the same last night, played it, had fun.  It periodically autosaved which I believe is suppose to happen.

Today, I play the game some, I then noticed that the autosave icon at the bottom right never came on.  I press start to manually save but the "save" and "load" buttons are grayed out and I can't select them.

I've saved Craig and done a few things for Al Gore and I still can't save at any point and it's not autosaving.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there a fix?

Thanks!

PS. I'm on the PS3.

13 answers to this question

Same issue here tonight, I bought the game digitally from the PSN store and I have 12 gb free. After a while the autosave function stopped showing up and when I went to the start menu to save "save game" and "load game" were grayed out and I could not select either.

Real frustrating because I just did about an hour of playing then I reloaded and the game put me back an hour. Please help!

Update,

I just tried playing it again for just five minutes but for the whole time it was able to properly autosave and the "save" and "load" buttons were working correctly.

Not sure if that's actually better or worse in terms of you fixing the problem but there you go. 

I hope this works for me too. I dont want to go though the game again and this happens. A patch would make me feel make better.

BTW : This happened shortly after I started the goth kids mission (recuit).

Hi,

So I have had enough now. I downloaded the game two days ago for my PS3. Played it for half an hour and fell in love with the game, encompassed everything I anticipated and more. Went off to have a meal with friends, came back and played the game for a good 4/5 hours, progressing quite far. I noticed that the save box was greyed towards the end of my playing, but since it autosaved I assumed it was greyed out because it had already autosaved and in 2014, I think saving a game is pretty fundamental and nothing I have had to worry about since having a 1mb memory card...

I exited the game and as I tried to continue today I have realised that my save hadn't registered and only did less than an hour or so into the game. I'm not going to play another four hours to catch up where I was and honestly, it's just put me off the game completely. I can handle a bit of frame lagging or the odd bug, who cares, but not knowing if I'm playing and it will save or not is just unacceptable. 

I came here to report my experience and also find out the process of a refund. Do I contact your customer services or PSN? Or both? Really sad as the game looks amazing and I was having allot of fun, but until you fix these pretty serious broken features in the game, it's just impossible to play.

A very unhappy South Park fan.

+1

I didn't download the game from PSN, I bought it on disc.  But like the others, I just started, played for a few hours, went to save when I was done for the night and found that the "save game" option was grayed out.  I quit and started it back up again... and it hadn't autosaved me in over an hour.  Upon restarting it seems to be working, but... yeah, pretty frustrating start to the game :(

No worries, sadly I have been denied a refund from PSN as 'all sales are final' and considering that they're the retailer I'm more than pissed. I have emailed your support almost a week ago now with zero response. Since you're the only form of communication I have with Obsidian, who exactly do I process my complaint through? You have sold me a game that doesn't work and is unplayable. It's pretty unacceptable.