Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Running Windows on Mac - Trouble with DX9 DLLs

DX9 DLL error Unable to execute Failed to load

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ClutchReilly

ClutchReilly

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Hello!

I was hoping someone might have any information that can get my copy of the game to work. I recently sold my xbox and upgraded to the one but realy wanted to play the game So I installed windows xp (i know just had an old key lying around) onto a macbook pro and am having issues getting the DX9 DLL files to register as being found.

; Win32 engine defaults configuration file

[Engine.Render]
default_brightness            = 0.138000
default_contrast            = 0.946001
default_gamma                = 2.2
default_contrast_range_low    = 0.09
full_screen                    = 1
full_screen_width            = 0             ; 0 -> desktop width
full_screen_height            = 0                ; 0 -> desktop height
window_width                = 1280
window_height                = 720
adapter                        = -1            ; -1 -> primary
shadow_quality                = 2                ; 0:25%, 1:50%, 2:100%, 3:200%, 4:300%, 5:400%, 6:800%
msaa                        = 1             
support_aspect_ratio_4_3    = true
support_aspect_ratio_16_10    = true
support_aspect_ratio_custom    = true
default_display_conversion    = box            ; box|stretch|crop
dist_fade_duration            = 0.5            ; time it takes for something to fade once the range is reached
dist_fade_in_range            = 40.0            ; distance from camera that the object will begin to fade back in at.
dist_fade_out_range            = 45.0            ; distance from camera that the object will begin to fade out at.
s3d_ar_multiplier            = 1.3            ; aspect ratio multplier used to adjust the culling frustum for 3D.
use_directx_11            = true            ; false=DX9, true=DX11

[Engine.Audio]
enabled                     = 1
enable_communication         = 1

[Engine.Physics]
ragdolls_enabled             = 1

[Engine.Input]
preferred_device            = gamepad

[Game.Default]
project_name                 = Onyx
npc_chatter_cooldown         = 3.0
creature_chatter_cooldown     = 4.0

This is the engine data. It looks as if it is trying to use DX11, which I don't even think is installed and ingoring the DX9 files. I've been away from windows for too long to start messing with that so I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what I could do in order to get this game to run properly on XP running on parallels on a mac.

Many thanks if anyone has any idea!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DX9, DLL, error, Unable to execute, Failed to load

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users