Unity engine audio issues when loading assets from HDD

[off topic]Funny you would mention it, I do use a Ramdrive. However I'm using it to speed up certain things I would like persisted, so I use startup/shutdown scripts to copy its contents over to/from my SSDs. Should create a folder that is not backed up, thanks for the idea  :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I had this issue with Shadowrun Returns up to version 1.0.3. The newest patch (1.0.4) fixed it by updating Unity version from 4.1 to 4.2. At least that's what HBS devs said on the forums. So it seems that Unity >=4.2 is the solution. PE is still some time away, so I hope it won't be using some outdated version :)

(specs: Windows 7x64, OC'ed Q9550, 8GB RAM, Radeon 7870, ASUS Xonar DX, Intel SSD)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is totally why I hope they release a pre-alpha (or early, at any rate), engine benchmark for this game.

In order to test how the implementation performs on user (community) hardware.

I also had the micro-stutter on my rig when playing Shadowrun. Although it was not constant.

Edited by Azmodan

• 5 weeks later...

I've had similar issues with stutter in other games (ARMA, DayZ). Disabling Hyperthreading (as mentioned previously) on supported  CPUs helped. Making sure my Windows power profile was on 'High Performance' mode and then disabling core parking (a power saving option that isn't exposed in the windows options) using Park Control showed further improvements. Might help with Unity games as well.