Here's how I would have done Kotor III.

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

After playing Kotor II again, it made me venture into the what if and so I wrote this...

It's copied and pasted from WordPad, so may need editing. Set two to three years after Knights of the Old Republic II...

The Republic, the Jedi Order and the Mandalorians are crippled. Their only hope of existing lies within their capability to prevent an invasion from the Sith lurking in the unknown regions. The Republic sends a Jedi Knight to search for Revan and the Exile, the key to delaying this new Sith threat that waits in the dark. This sets the Jedi Knight off an on adventure across the galaxy to discover the whereabouts of these legendary force users. The key to this lies within the navicomputer of the Ebon Hawk, which can only be unlocked by T3-M4. The Jedi Knight eventually finds T3 and convinces him to unlock the navicomputer, revealing where Revan and the Exile travelled.

Additionally, the Jedi Knights adventure leads to an investigation which reveals that the Sith have already sent assassins to eliminate diplomats from mid-rim planets. This is with the intent of replacing political leaders with ones who are more accepting of the Sith. The Sith assassins must be found and defeated before they can destabilise the galaxy any further. The Jedi Knight travels to one of the ancient Sith planets that is isolated and barren. Its life was consumed by a great power. On this planet, the Jedi discovers that there is a civil war taking place among the ancient Sith empire. If the civil war creates enough damage to the Sith, then the combined forces of the remaining Jedi, Mandalorians and Republic may be able to defeat its remnants.

If Revan and the Exile were set to light side, they made a sacrifice and joined the civil war that is taking place. They were accepted by one of the Sith factions vying for power, due to their great power. They had to go alone because their companions would not understand, nor do they possess the power to fight this evil. If Revan and the Exile were set to dark side, they never made a sacrifice, for they are Sith Lords, hungry for more power and control. Again, they were accepted by one of the Sith factions because they are very powerful. Their intention is to one day become the new emperor of the Sith. If Revan and the Exile have different alignments, then the light side character just pretends to go along with the dark sider in their quest for supremacy. Either way, the Sith emperors forces destroy the forces Revan and the Exile were joined with.

The emperor does not kill Revan and the Exile, though, for he has become aware of the Jedi's presence and wants to use them as bait to lure him/her out to be destroyed. Following the end of the civil war, the emperor travels to Coruscant with the majority of his forces for the final battle. He leaves his apprentice and a minority of Sith behind to deal with the Jedi Knight and his/her companions. Of course, the Jedi Knight triumphs over them and frees Revan and the Exile from their prison cells.

Revan and the Exile accompany the Jedi Knight to the final battle on Coruscant. Even if they are dark side, stopping the emperor is more important to them. They will not kill the Jedi Knight, because they sense his/her great power and therefore, potential as a worthy apprentice. The Jedi Knight, Revan and the Exile help the remaining Jedi, Mandalorians and Republic defeat the emperor and his forces on Coruscant. The outcome of the endgame depends on the alignments of the Jedi Knight, Revan and the Exile.

If they are all light side, you get the happily ever after ending. If the Jedi Knight is dark side, the Jedi Knight kills Revan and the Exile, becoming the new Sith emperor, using the Mandalorians to crush the Jedi and Republic. After all, you are worthy of the Mandalorians loyalty if you can kill Revan and the Exile. If the Jedi Knight is light side but Revan and/or the Exile are dark side, the Jedi Knight can redeem them, but has to kill them if the redemption attempt fails.

The end.

P.S. I guess they could still do something like this, but change the ending, so that the emperor wins, the Exile is stabbed in the back and Revan never escapes from the prison. But that would piss people off even more than BioWare's MMO did.

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect

Actually, scratch that.

If they are all light side, you get the happily ever after ending, but you have to work for it. The lesson to be learnt is that no matter how powerful someone is, no matter how strong their will is, the dark side will consume all who succumb to it. The Jedi Knight must turn Revan and the Exile away from the dark side to get the best ending. Failure to do so will force the Jedi Knight to kill them both.

If the Jedi Knight is dark side, the Jedi Knight kills Revan and the Exile, becoming the new Sith emperor, using the Mandalorians to crush the Jedi and Republic. After all, you are worthy of the Mandalorians loyalty if you can kill Revan and the Exile. If the Jedi Knight is light side but Revan and/or the Exile are dark side, the Jedi Knight can still attempt to redeem them, but it will be more difficult and he/she has to kill them if the redemption attempt fails.

I'm one of the people who think that Obsidian could still do a Knights III that finishes Revan and the Exile's story in a manner it deserves. I mean sure, if they don't want to ruin that canon crap and BioWare's MMO, then you could still have that outcome where the emperor wins if Revan is LSM and the Exile is LSF. But for the other non-canon scenarios, you could have alternative endings like the ones I suggested, that don't screw up canon. **** canon. Having said this, I reached that point a long time ago, like other fans, where I no longer care what happens, as long as the single player franchise of Star Wars RPGs doesn't die, because it's a great market I am fond of, with a big fan base.