Pc Version Walking

So I installed Alpha Protocol, eager to play this espionage rpg that my friend told me about. Everything was fine, no reason to walk, were trying to escape right?(even though, if walk was available I would use it during the first leg, lol I even tried to, but didn't bother, because I wanted to get outa there.) Then! After I the cutscene I'm in a room...running around... I venture to the keymapping a third time lol, but this time im serious, im gonna go ahead and find the walk key...I dont...what? for some odd reason I google "cant walk alpha protocol" and find this hilarious, intrigueing thread of a me(or someone with the same thought process) I litterally lol at each of the op and moderators post, b/c ive had this arguement with friends and discussion with other gamers!!! now, after xi was released i rarely played single player games, except for a few final fantasy titles(which the no walking thing works in, oddly, or for me it does and ppl like to walk in those, i understand, i think you can in ff7, which im installing as i make this post, because i just uninstalled.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL...) and walking in it wasnt a big deal as well, it depends on the game, and a game were the action slows down, skyrim(if it werent for traveling to new areas on foot id prob. walk more than i run in skyrim) mass effect, grand theft auto and alpha protocol... walking just seems like that extra bit that puts you in the world.

Much like the op of that thread mentioned, you dont run around all the time like an idiot, there was a similar thread for mass effect, forgot the fix for that, but i can walk in it now :), it just puts you in the game more, from my friends and the majority of gamers pov(like the moderator explained) its too time consuming and most gamers run everywhere... my response, is that there should be an option, a toggle, any dev. team thats striving for immersion would implement a walk function, unless the games really linear like blood stone, which had segments were bond walked on his own... would it have made sense for him to run down the street in instanbul?

snapback.pngdeevius, on May 29 2010, 08:43 AM, said:

You can walk in both Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell (the latest one)

have no idea about Far Cry but that's an FPS anyway :/

Yes. And what I'm saying is I would like to see the youtube videos of you WALKING through the game in Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell.

That's some serious OCD stuff there man LOL!

Would love to see it.

Did you take 40 hours instead of the normal 20 something to finish the game? whistling.gif)

Nah, because you walk when it makes sense, like in a building, an office, a safehouse.....down a street when everyone else is walking...

so you hate the game because you cannot walk??? LAME excuse

nah, as i tell my friend, for people with more imagination, things are different, in this case i may feel it's a major flaw for someone to run everywhere and not make sense, and i mean imagination in the sense of me taking on the role of this character, i act as if each character is an extension of myself or a person im playing, and i wouldnt run "everywhere" or pass people that are walking like regular people in non running situations or environments

This strikes me as a "This very interesting woman taht is otherwise intriguing has weird looking toes. I'm out!"

If this is a deal breaker for you, then that's that. On the plus side, I'm sure you get a mountain of value for your typical games because the playtime for them must be enormous.

i lold at the analogy, you shouldve seen me play ffxii :)

ah, and final fantasy is finished installing... think im gonna walk around sector 7 slums

Edited by gamerwholikesimmersion

• 3 weeks later...