Major Game Save Problem

Nervs

Hi I'm having a huge problem with KOTOR 2.

Let me start from the start of exactly what happened.

I began playing KOTOR 2 and finished the first section of the game, I'm now in Telos (I think), after the Asteroid section. I saved my game and quit. When I was playing I noticed a few minor glitchs, screen could flicker black when casting burst of speed and flickering when loading a new area. So I thought I would run the game in compatibility mode for XP sevice pack 2. I remember I had to do the same thing with KOTOR also. Now I get to the menu and choose load game and the saves it displays is from taking over the T3 (R2D2 thing) droid for the second time. At first I thought I forgot to save but the auto save is from the same place. So I exit and I take the compatibilty off and the game boots up in a window and I go to load game and my current save game is in there. I click to full screen the game and it crashes. I put the game in compatibilty again it boots in full screen and the old save is there again. So I do the same take compatibilty off, this time it boots full screen but the old save is there. I then go into the save game folder D:/program files/lucas arts/SWKotOr2/saves and delete the save game files. I repeat the steps from before and set XP mode, boots up in full screen and tells me there are no saves. I then take compatibilty off and it loads in a window and my current save is still there. If I load any other game but the auto save it crashes. If I load the auto save and make a new save it makes no save in the folder. There are no save games in the folder, the save does not exist and I looked in every folder possible for alternative location. The game was playing fine with saving and quiting until I changed compatibilty now it does this. The save still exists even after a system restart, it's like a ghost save, whats going on????

EDIT: also I tried to patch the game but the patch failed telling me a file a exists with same name but the content is different, patch aborted (or something along those lines).

Any Help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

System Specs.

CPU: Intel Q6600

Mother Board: ASUS P5N-D

RAM: 4 GB

Graphics: Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Black Edition 512 MB in SLI Driver Version: 260.99

Edited by Nervs