kotor 2 instalation help

ok, uh.. after unstalling and installing multipile times, with no sucess, (still missing the dll or whatever file, and cant find a working link) im now officaly screwed. im trying to install kotor 2 for the 5th time on a computor with vista. it has installed perfectly befor, but once i insert disk one, the auto play comes up and i hit "install or run program"......then nothing.. my computor makes afew humming noises, then stops. i tryed going to the start menue and clicking on kotor 2 to manualy install, but still nothing. one thought that has occored to me is that i still have it installed on another computor(wich isent working either) should i uninstall that one? or is there a limit to the number of times i can install it? please help. (also, when i turn the sound off on my other instalation, it runs slow. and i dont mean occasional lag slow, i mean like 2 very skippy frames per second slow(no joke) this also happened on another computor i installed it on, could this be an effecr of installin git too much?) ANY help would be much aperciated..

ok, uh.. after unstalling and installing multipile times, with no sucess, (still missing the dll or whatever file, and cant find a working link) im now officaly screwed. im trying to install kotor 2 for the 5th time on a computor with vista. it has installed perfectly befor, but once i insert disk one, the auto play comes up and i hit "install or run program"......then nothing.. my computor makes afew humming noises, then stops. i tryed going to the start menue and clicking on kotor 2 to manualy install, but still nothing. one thought that has occored to me is that i still have it installed on another computor(wich isent working either) should i uninstall that one? or is there a limit to the number of times i can install it? please help. (also, when i turn the sound off on my other instalation, it runs slow. and i dont mean occasional lag slow, i mean like 2 very skippy frames per second slow(no joke) this also happened on another computor i installed it on, could this be an effecr of installin git too much?) ANY help would be much aperciated..

scrach that, i just turned off the auto run and used the games manual instalation program