Stuck in the dormitories(xbox)playing on 360

I'm in the dormitories and killed all enemies up to the Shift Assignment Console and tried logging into the computer but it won't respond. I was thinking maybe I just can't access it right now and come back later until I got to the Turbolift Access Console and I can't access it either. I cannot return to the Airlock to Asteroid Exterior because it is locked so I am stuck. I've tried reloading my save and even created a new character from the beginning since it isn't too far into the game and the same thing happened again! I cannot get past this point in my game.. I'm wondering if it has to do with the few minor scratches on my disk because sometimes when I'm loading into a new area a message comes up and say's im using a damaged disk. I want a new game because this one is used but the only one I can find is almost $90 on amazon...Anywayz any help on how to get out of the dormitories would be great!

Don't get a new copy, just resurface it! Please do not reduce the number of available copies in circulation, you'll just contribute to skyrocketing prices for those who didn't buy them earlier during production.