Accessing safehouse computer freezes PC

Aspen M.

Question

Saudi Arabia safehouse, accessing computer terminal an clicking on either e-mail or clearinghouse forces my PC to have insane 10 second lag spikes with the screen going blank for about a minute before it locks up and a hard restart is needed.

Below is the system info summary from dxdiag:

Operating System: Windows Vista

4 answers to this question

Really wanna give this game a chance (especially after paying for it). Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you have "DEP" turned off while playing the game. I had the same problem as you, plus several crashing instances. Almost all of it resolved once I turned off DEP and Nvidia's physix.

If you don't know about DEP, just open up the help search box and type in DEP.

Good luck!

Make sure you have "DEP" turned off while playing the game. I had the same problem as you, plus several crashing instances. Almost all of it resolved once I turned off DEP and Nvidia's physix.

If you don't know about DEP, just open up the help search box and type in DEP.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. My DEP was already set to "enable for essential Windows procs only", but I changed it to be on for all applications except for the ones I specify, and added APGame.exe to those. I also uninstalled NVidia drivers and NVidia PhysX before rebooting my PC.

On startup, I was asked to install drivers for my coprocessor (don't even know what that is) for the first time. Then I tried to launch the game, but it crashed (twice?) with these to entries showing in event manager:

Faulting application APGame.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bd8888d, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e038c0, exception code 0xc06d007e, fault offset 0x0001e124, process id 0xd0c, application start time 0x01cb04265c826f1a.

Faulting application APGame.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bd8888d, faulting module APGame.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4bd8888d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x009be986, process id 0xd0c, application start time 0x01cb04265c826f1a.

I then reverted the DEP setting to the ones I had before (enabled for essential processes only) and rebooted. Still got the weird coprocessor driver prompt, and the game still crashed with the same event manager entries.

Edited by Aspen M.

DEP didn't solve all my issues with the safehouse computer, Mainly Clearinghouse is where my MAJOR issues lie. However, it did quicken the initial screen of accessing it. Reading emails seem to be ok. Switching items in the clearinghouse is still ABSOLUTELY PAINFUL!