Disappointingly easy and linear

Ulicus, the maxed out version of shadow ops on my character recharged in around 45 seconds (that's when you have the appropriate perks and equip mods on your armor that lower cooldown time on all your powers). With a 30 second duration, I was able to empty multiple rooms / entire areas just by running up to them and killing them with the stealth strike.. It's insanely broken and why I don't allow myself to put more than 5 boxes in stealth (master awareness).

As for quick shot vs bosses, I killed most bosses with a 6 tag chain shot to their head... if you're targeting their torso, no you won't kill the boss... but put all 6 tags on his head and I have yet to see any boss survive it.

No other weapon special can let you kill a boss in a fraction of a second.

Chain shot is utterly broken as well... as such, I don't allow myself to use it.

I'm just telling people this so they know that if they don't want to breeze through the game, don't specialize in stealth (don't go past the first shadow Ops skill.. it only lasts 6 seconds and you can't run with it on.. the higher level ones last too long and let you run) and don't use chain shot.... again, that's only if they don't want the game to be a cake-walk.

If you want to breeze through the game, by all means, use them.

Ulicus, the maxed out version of shadow ops on my character recharged in around 45 seconds (that's when you have the appropriate perks and equip mods on your armor that lower cooldown time on all your powers). With a 30 second duration, I was able to empty multiple rooms / entire areas just by running up to them and killing them with the stealth strike.. It's insanely broken and why I don't allow myself to put more than 5 boxes in stealth (master awareness).

By your definition, though, it only seems as though Master Shadow Operative is broken.

And a thirty second duration? Was that with perks, gear and whatnot? Mine was only 20 or 22 seconds. I didn't pay a great deal of attention to upgrades and gear, though, in all honesty.

As for quick shot vs bosses, I killed most bosses with a 6 tag chain shot to their head... if you're targeting their torso, no you won't kill the boss... but put all 6 tags on his head and I have yet to see any boss survive it.

Yeah, I also targeted the head. You said you were playing on hard, right? I never had a boss go down instantly to it (and that was with having removed their endurance with an ordinary pistol critical hit beforehand). Though it usually took away somewhere between 1/3 or 1/2 of their health, sure. That said, I only upgraded to the 6-shot version in the final mission. It allowed me to take down the final boss with two chain shots (assuming I'd removed their endurance beforehand)... but during the recharge period I had to avoid plenty of crap being thrown my way.

Still, chain shot does seem a great deal superior to the other weapon talents, which cost just as much.

Chain shot is utterly broken as well... as such, I don't allow myself to use it.

Again, only the most advanced versions seem "utterly broken" by your definition.

I'm just telling people this so they know that if they don't want to breeze through the game, don't specialize in stealth (don't go past the first shadow Ops skill.. it only lasts 6 seconds and you can't run with it on.. the higher level ones last too long and let you run) and don't use chain shot.... again, that's only if they don't want the game to be a cake-walk.

If you want to breeze through the game, by all means, use them.

That's fair enough, I just think you should keep in mind the reasons why a role playing game is made easy by pumping certain skills high: because there is a disparity between what the player can do and what the character can do.

(And only the very highest level of shadow op allows you to run)