The Void

Humodour

I'm only a hour or so into the game and could use some help here. My Sister told me to kill two preditors and I spent 25 gold trying to do so and only killed one. I've planted gold, azure, emerald, and amber trees, but every time I've made the donor glyph, I've lost color to the void. The game doesn't tell me what I'm doing wrong, but I'm doing something wrong.

Is there a guide? A basic 'how to make it through the first part of the game?'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

An early predator takes about 10 to 15 colour to kill. Don't hold the mouse button down longer than that on predators. Later, avoid predators if you can - it's a waste of colour to kill them.

If you're doing the donor glyph wrong, that's pretty bad, because the trees produce significantly less colour. How are you drawing it? As a fish? Don't.

Some tips: draw it large, most of the screen. Start at the top right corner, draw down to near the bottom, go up in a loop, then come back down so the final tail ends BELOW the loop. This should help. I get it right every time. Here's a youtube video that might help - it shows some different variations that work. Basically makes sure the tails of the loop extend above and below the loop itself.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1087320

Also, make sure you only fill a tree up to maximum, or it's a bit of a waste of a tree. For the ones in the Garden that is 40 colour, for the small ones in Fireflies that is 15 colour. The small ones produce more colour faster, so they should be used when you have less than 40 of a colour so you can quickly reach 40 (e.g. Silver, Amber).

You need to kill 5 predators in total, BTW. Check each chamber.

Remember you can save and reload on the map screen. Also remember you can pause the game on the map screen by holding down the CTRL key. This might help you prevent time wasting.