Crash while entering Nar Shaddaa

Bobr

Hey guys, first, let me just say that this forum is just awsome, excellent number of information, thumbs up :ermm: And to my problem

II am running KOTOR 2 on my laptop with vista 64. I made all sorts of stuff to actually make it work and only combination of unofficial 1.0c patch (from the xenon guy), compatibility settings, downloaded msdll and administator rights helped.

So far, I did not have any problems at all, everything worked flawlessly on highest details. Now, after finishing almost all planets, I was about to go to Nar Shaddaa. After the in game cutscene, where Atton explain about the place to others, I can see short part of another cutscene, where there are various races standing along a pathway where the sphere glides and then starts to play some record. At that point, screen goes black. I only found out about one other person having the same problem and to him, installing older drivers helped. Problem is, these drivers does not support my graphics card (Geforce 9800m GS), and there seems to be no driver version for this laptop edition of the graphic card, only the newer drivers are.

Well, anyway, after trying pretty much everything, I can think of only one another solution - if someone was to use my saves in his game, got over the cutscene, saved and sent it back to me, that should solve the problem, hopefully game will work without any other problems as it did until now. Thanks to anyone who would make the trouble and did it for me.

Here is the file (3 MB,zip):

http://www.2shared.com/file/7626548/bc161d5/quicksave.html