KOTOR2 Critical Error Right after Character Creation

KOTOR2.EXE Error right after first three static cutscenes (three people in cloaks) since upgrading my Graphic Card to an Asus en9400GT (nVidia GeForce). Sound still works.

Months ago the same system with a XFX 7300LE ran Kotor2 fine. Since then SP3 has been issued.

I tried that file swap with Kotor1 and uninstalled and re-installed Kotor2 also - no difference. Seems to me Kotor 2 can't handle the lastest NVidia drivers (ver 182.50) hopefully not SP3 related.

I updated from US months ago, forgot that fact and tried to update from UK which didn't work (no info) - suceeded from US with 1a & 1b which comes as one file afaik.

I have emailed SecuroCom and got auto response... have not looked into emailling again yet :lol:

My system is XP, Asus 5PL-vm1394, Intell CoreDuo E4500, 2gb Kingston 667ram, Realtek ALC883, Asus en9400GT in a Antec Minuet 300w case. This system runs Kotor1 and FarCry, Doom3, Soldier of Fortune, Need for Speed, Quake so it is definitely Kotor2.

Edited by jsd

XP - Kotor 2 won't run/load since new graphic card (Asus EN9400GT).

SecuroCom's replied with first Kotor2.exe but it failed to load beyond selecting Game to start loading. Sound is fine.

Seems so obvious that new Graphic card and drivers has caused this problem or SP3 !