Crashing after creating character

Every time I hit the play button after creating my character the game crashes. I have all the patches installed and I've tried all the different graphic options.

My system is...

Windows XP Professional w/ SP3.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHZ (I tried running the game with just a single processor, same problem)

NVIDIA 9800GTX+

2GB of Ram

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Shrug*

So I figured out the problem. I'm not sure what happened, but I downloaded two identical official patches. One caused my current issue and the other allowed me to play the game fine. So that problem is over.

Now I've run into another issue.

Everything went fine the first time I entered Dantooine. I returned to my ship knowing somebody would be waiting for me, fought her, watched a good number of scenes, had some lengthy conversations... After all of that I decided it was finally time to start my work on Dantooine... Upon exiting the ship, nothing happens. I get the party selection screen but after making my choices it just gives me a black screen. Cursor is still there and the game has not crashed, but I can't do anything.

Anyone have any tips? Other planets work fine, it's just Dantooine that is giving grief.

The Dantooine black screen of death. It rarely happens thankfully. It usually means you have to start a new game. Something gets screwed up here for some reason. I did it to me once. I tried reloading a previous saved game and still did the same thing. I had to start a whole new game.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Whoa. You have got to be kidding me.

OK, time to uninstall. I really had an urge to play this game (even though I promised myself I would not until the restoration project was finished). I played this game half a dozen times around it's released and never had one issue then.