Kotor2 won't load a saved game

I am using Vista 32 bit, a soundblaster X-treme Audio card (most recent drivers), a Nvidia Geforce 7300GS 256mg card, 1 gig ran, 320gig hard drive, Intel core2duo processor. What did I leave out? Now I finally got the game past one problem and was able to create character and play the game for quite a while, close to leaving Perragus when I saved the game and went to bed. Next day I tried to load the saved game. No luck. The bar goes about 1/4 the way across and stops. I even let it set there for 15 minutes once. I have to bring up the tack manager to get out of it. I have tried again and again with different saved games, but it never goes any further. I can start over and recreate my character and play, but apparently I can never save the game and reload it. Please can someone fix this?

Pqstraub@aol.com

I can't remember this problem being reported before, I'm afraid. All I can suggest is you take a look at the FAQ's Vista section and check through some of the fixes there, and also post this problem on the LucasArts Kotor 2 technical support forum so you double your chance that someone who knows about it will see it. o:)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 11 months later...