Giant glitch--8800 related?

So I guess the first question is to see if anyone else runs KOTORII fine on an 8800GTX. I have one of those with XP, 2 gigs of RAM, and a 680i mobo. I'm having some dang odd issues, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I've got updated drivers for everything, and the patch, but it still does this:

When I first installed and started the game, I went into the 'options' panel to crank up the graphics. Suddenly my pointer started moving from point to point and only every five seconds or so, and button-presses took up to 30 seconds or more to register. I ended up having to force-close it. This kept happening, though I found that if I just went to start a new game it seemed to go into character creation without any trouble.

On one crash, I got an error message from windows about my display driver (I think I'll cross-post this to the NVIDIA tech support, but I thought I'd cast a wide net). Since then, simply hitting 'game' on the launcher causes a hard lockup on the desktop. Nothing changes except suddenly the mouse doesn't move and I have to hard-reset the computer.

So. Anyone heard of problems like this? It does sound like it's NVIDIA's problem, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask far and wide if there's a workaround or something.

Thanks in advance!

Update!

NVIDIA support got back to me, and recommended rolling back my drivers to 97.94 rather than the 158.22 that I had installed. That fixed it. I guess I'll leave this thread as a resource for anyone else having the same problem as me.

Update!

NVIDIA support got back to me, and recommended rolling back my drivers to 97.94 rather than the 158.22 that I had installed. That fixed it. I guess I'll leave this thread as a resource for anyone else having the same problem as me.

Thank you. :grin:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)