Pirates, Vikings and Knights II!

Big Bottom

It's not exactly historically accurate but this mod is heaps of fun so far! You basically choose a team of the aforementioned warriors and then battle it out for different objectives. What surprised me is the number of different game modes that actually work well. So far I've played general deathmatch, a booty map where you have to hold a chest for 5 minutes (in a temple full of booby traps, no less), a map where the pirates and vikings have to raid the knights castle for chests and a map where you have to hold a tower for a certain amount of time. All were lots of fun aside from the deathmatch which felt a bit aimless, and there are more planned for the next releases. There's also only 1 class for each team at the moment but 5 are planned in total once the mod is up and running...the pirate class is a hoot lighting kegs of gunpowder and lobbing them into the enemy base. If I've said fun a lot during this post it's because that's what this mod is...pure fun. :rolleyes:

Don't come bitching to me about class imbalance and pirate TKers blowing up your base though. :-"

http://www.pvkii.com/

Yeah, it didn't sound to SP-friendly. They could have AI-controlled enemies and a squad under the PC's control ... maybe in time for the multi-thread upgrade to the Source engine. (w00t)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT