TEMP FIXED: Goes to MAIN MENU crash.

Hi everyyone...

Been looking through all the forums trying to fix a strange problem that just showed up in my game. THe game crashes to the main menu when i try to travel to different planets... Ive heard this happen to other ppl when they try to go to different areas and i think i might have a temp fix before they can patch it up.

As many have guessed it is a problem with corrupted save files... and here is what I did to fix it.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO COPY YOUR SAVES DIRECTORY SOMEWHERE ELSE... (make a copy...)

Turn off autosave in options.

Well load the game with the save just before you run into the problem. (for me it was just before I went to galaxy map to travel.) Now there are 2 temporary directories created in your SWKotOR2 installed directory called "currentgame" and "gameinprogress". currentgame stores the "save" map of where you currently are. (in my exampe im on the ebon hawk 003EBO.sav) But that doesnt matter cause you WILL NOT TOUCH currentgame.. got that? K as for gameinprogress there are NPC files and SAV files. What you need to do is switch back into desktop mode and copy ALL the SAV files IN GAMEINPROGRESS to another directory for the time being, NOT CURRENTGAME. So now in the gameinprogress directory there will just be UTC files (some res and fac too.. thats fine..) Now... go back into the game.. and travel to whatever planet you had trouble with... or go to whatever area you had trouble with.

If it works then GREAT.

Now if you switch back to windows and look in the gamesinprogress directory i believe there should be a couple of more SAV files created. Go to the temporary directory where you copied the original SAV files and copy them back into the gameiinprogress directory... MAKE SURE NOT to overwrite..

DO NO OVERWRITE!!!

Now that you copied back to the gameinprogress directory.. go back into the game and save to a DIFFERENT SLOT!!

Quit the game and restart... try travelling back and forth to different places to see if that fixed that problem.

Well thats how i fixed my problem... hope it works for everyone else.

PS.... not my fault if you screw your saves :)

Later