Is it worth using various fire arms in KotOR II?

Guest MacLeodCorp

Guest MacLeodCorp

Is it worth using various fire arms in KotOR II?

When I play through KotOR II, I usually keep a distance in using various firearms. What type of advice could you give, so someone like myself could make a good firearms user?

What are the best:

1. Firearms?

2. Feats to use with firearms?

3. Would I be waisting my time in making a Jedi master that is proficient in firearms?

4. Should I follow Obi-Wan's comments, "So Uncivilaized!"?

You thoughts?

Personally, I don't use blasters. Your main character will have his/her first lightsaber by the end of the first (or third depending on how you look at it) planet, so theirs not a whole lot of time to work with blasters. But, assuming you may want some of your party members to use blasters, here are some good ones:

Zersium Rifle

Zabrak Blaster Carbine

Verpine Droid Disintegrator

Onderon Repeating Carbine

Heavy Repeating Carbine

As for feats, just max out:

Sniper Shot

Power Blast

Rapid Shot

Percise Shot

I think you may be wasting your time with all this though, because like I said before, you have your first lightsaber before you're half way through the game. Use melee weapons, they look cooler anyway.

Hope this helps...

You play the Exile using strictly firearms? Odd choise i suppose.

Firearms:

I think a couple of Micro-Pulse Blasters fully upgraded would be the best guns i can think of, I could be wrong of course.

Feats:

Two Weapon Fighting Feat of course.

Master Rapid Shot Feat has no hit penalties, combine that with Master Speed and you get a couple extra hits per round. Donno what the total would be.

Master Power Blast Feat might also be good if you want, i believe it has a -3 to hit but a +12 if you do. Again don't quote me, out of the top of my head.

Improved Close Combat Feat

Precise Shot V Feat

I don't believe a Master gets enough feats for it to be worthwhile.

No comment on Obi-Wan.

Liked the underwear mods you did btw.

Guest MacLeodCorp
You play the Exile using strictly firearms? Odd choise i suppose.

Firearms:

I think a couple of Micro-Pulse Blasters fully upgraded would be the best guns i can think of, I could be wrong of course.

Feats:

Two Weapon Fighting Feat of course.

Master Rapid Shot Feat has no hit penalties, combine that with Master Speed and you get a couple extra hits per round. Donno what the total would be.

Master Power Blast Feat might also be good if you want, i believe it has a -3 to hit but a +12 if you do. Again don't quote me, out of the top of my head.

Improved Close Combat Feat

Precise Shot V Feat

I don't believe a Master gets enough feats for it to be worthwhile.

No comment on Obi-Wan.

Liked the underwear mods you did btw.

I wonder if it would be hard to play through the game with only firearms. I am going to give it a try, and see if there are difficulties that would make the game fun..

Hehehe... Thanks for the comment on the Underwear mods... Hehehe..

• 5 years later...

One of my favorites eh. I clocked the game using blaster pistols, one in each hand.

I used only master rapid shot.

Improved close combat.

Precise shot V.

Medium armor.

Master two weapon fighting.

I used sith battle armor, as it has +7 dexterity.

If you're gonna use pistols, I advise you not to use any force whatsoever. Makes the game more challenging ha.

At the moment, I'm trying to clock the game only using one pistol. Have a real good stun pistol, then switch to a high critical pistol.

Personally, I think KOTOR is about challenging yourself. Not about trying to make the most 'ultimate' class as possible.