ATI Bug

this is probably old problem but still it seems that i am searching this forum forever and i can't find a solution.

the problem is that every once in a while the game goes off. the screen goes black and the game does not respond. it happens every time after a diffrent ammout of time. i tried all kind of drivers of cat. 411, 5.2 ,5.9

altho it seems that only with 4.11 i got the best results altho the problem is still there only the game lasts more for it crashes with the 4.11

my Q is: IS THE A FIX OF SOME SORT TO THIS?

i own an amd 64 3000mhz, ATI 9800 pro, 512ram.

Not sure if there is any good advice, except do the ergonomically responsible thing and turn off the game after a few hours, don't keep playing. The memory management seems to leave a lot to be desired, so all sorts of weird stuff can happen if you play continuously for hours and hours (which is all restored once you reboot and clear memory).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

hehehe... here is the mail i got from lucas arts on this Q:

Hello,

The problem you describe may be corrected by updating the drivers in the system.  Many issues with games in Windows are caused by outdated or older version drivers.  Most hardware manufacturers, especially for video and sound cards, update their drivers several times a year to correct problems found with incompatibilities with the myriad hardware and software configurations present.  It is a good practice to obtain and install the latest version drivers for your sound and video card on a regular basis to insure that you have the latest available fixes and enhancements provided by the hardware manufacturer.  Check with the manufacturer of your system or card to obtain the latest drivers. The majority of them have web sites where the latest drivers can be downloaded for no charge, along with instructions on how to properly update their particular hardware.

they are so full of ****.