First Patch won't install

Well I have seen that many other people seem to be having this problem but here goes.

I just bought the game today, installed it with no problems, I set my configuration and hit the update button.

My game version after a fresh install is 2.00.424 the patch would change it to 2.10.427.

I downloaded the patch successfully, although for some stupid reason I had to disconnect from the internet (I have dialup) for the patch to start patching. It was almost finished at about 90-95% and it gave me an error message that says something like old file not recognized and that patching couldn't continue and to download the manual .exe patch.

Well ok, I went to the Lucasarts website and downloaded the manual patch when I run it I get what appears to be the same error message. I have downloaded both the autoupdate file and the manual file twice to the same effect.

Anyone have ANY idea? Or am I just wasting my time?!

OK well tried the manual install again, and it got past the first error message "old file one" and it is stuck at 96%, I have read that it takes a while for this to go through because of the size of the files it is extracting, but it has now been appx. 115mins, yep almost 2 hours and it is still stuck at 96%.

Can ANYONE please offer some advice? Obsidian guys? do you even read these anymore? Some help would be appreciated. I don't like buying a $40 beta....