Developers & KotOR II

Guest Col. O'Neil

Guest Col. O'Neil

Questions for the Developers of KotOR II

Obsidian Ent. is a consentration of deverse developers in the gaming industry. Some posters here are positive and some are negative. I am a mixed breed, I believe this game is great and buggy. However, I have to admire their creative ability. Some of the scenes in KOTOR II were done with high quality. As a student in 'Electronic Imaging', I have to admire the hard work put into KOTOR II. Therefore, I have some questions for the developers, if they are intreasted in answering, which I and other visitors are curious about. These questions are based upon KOTOR II.

1. From my experience in college, I find it taxing at times when a twenty-second piece of animation takes two days to build. When creating KOTOR II, what was the longest animated segment you guys created, and how long did it take?

2. Now, I use fellow students for voice actors. As you search for voice-actors, did you look for famous actors, or did you guys look for new talent?

3. KOTOR I was a tough act to follow. When creating KOTOR II, what was the first thing you guys wanted to change?

4. As a student, I have to create my own scripts. During the creation of KOTOR II, you guys had to hire a script writter. Since it takes Lucas two years to write a film, what did you the developers and writters do to meet your deadliines?

5. KOTOR II is filled with characters. Which character was the hardest to design, and how hard was it to limit your polygons?

6. When creating textures for KOTOR II, what type of obsticles did the designers encounter when approaching 'depth', 'volume', and 'light sources'?

7. KOTOR II and the Incredibles have something in common. Texture for 'Hair'. How hard was it to approach 'Hair' as a texture?

-I know there are article through out the web for these topics, I was just wondering if you developers could give us some insight?