Baptism of Failure

Guest Lakmoots

Guest Lakmoots

There are alot of people here who are too busy blaming LA to really think about the "problem project" that you people first turned out.

I don't know why you signed the contract as you did. Perhaps you had an idea that you were all hotshot designers... that there would be no problem producing a sophisticated game in thirteen months.

But there was. Regardless of how LA is holding up a patch, you did produce a sub-par product... and you signed a contract to do so. I doubt that LA took the project from your screaming and wailing hands as much as they simply requested the game at the contracted time.

Worse still, your company has severly mishandled its public relations. I don't know a spin doctor in the world who would have handled this situation as you did. There are alot of people here who feel that they have been given the big finger, and no amount of posts from Feargus saying absolutely nothing will alleviate that.

Will your company, a new *firebrand* team, actually take any steps to treat its customers as human beings? Will you explain the problems? The holdups?

Or will you simply continue to ignore the issue, and hope it goes away?

This was your first product, and your first chance to show the calibre of the company. As it stands, you have both failed in your product, and insulted the market that you are providing for.

If I were in this company, I would think that it required a lengthy meeting to discuss direction and focus.

Time to start facing the real issue.

Let's deconstruct, shall we?

There are alot of people here who are too busy blaming LA to really think about the "problem project" that you people first turned out.

So it would initially seem that your concern is regarding the posters and their perception, though you do take a moment to single out "you people." An interesting way of engaging someone of whom you are about to inquire

I don't know why you signed the contract as you did. Perhaps you had an idea that you were all hotshot designers... that there would be no problem producing a sophisticated game in thirteen months.

A rhetorical question, followed by invective- perhaps this is exposition? No specific concern yet, but some more animosity towards your subject

But there was. Regardless of how LA is holding up a patch, you did produce a sub-par product... and you signed a contract to do so. I doubt that LA took the project from your screaming and wailing hands as much as they simply requested the game at the contracted time.

Rhetoric contiunued. No defined concerns or questions yet although you do allude to the issue, that the "product" is sub-par. More exposition maybe? Certainly more aspersions at Obsidian anyway...

Worse still, your company has severly mishandled its public relations. I don't know a spin doctor in the world who would have handled this situation as you did. There are alot of people here who feel that they have been given the big finger, and no amount of posts from Feargus saying absolutely nothing will alleviate that.

OK, you've stopped the rhetoric, maybe we've reached the specific cause for concern....nope. although another general area of disatisfaction is PR.

Will your company, a new *firebrand* team, actually take any steps to treat its customers as human beings? Will you explain the problems? The holdups?

Ummm. You think that the game is sub-par and that the PR is poor, and this translates to not treating customers as human beings? Thankfully, you do narrow your focus here with two specific requests, though you have yet to identify these "problems" or "hold-ups" that are referenced.

Or will you simply continue to ignore the issue, and hope it goes away?

What issue? The general state of PR? The sub-par product? General problems and hold-ups? Global warming?

This was your first product, and your first chance to show the calibre of the company. As it stands, you have both failed in your product, and insulted the market that you are providing for.

One doesn't often jump from exposition to conclusion, but it's an option you've taken.

If I were in this company, I would think that it required a lengthy meeting to discuss direction and focus.

Actually, this is a very applicable solution to what you've outlined. When faced with general probl,ems with no other detail or rationale; take a meeting

Time to start facing the real issue.

And that issue is a complete inability to articulate dissatisfaction in a way that ifacilitates constructive discussion