Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have played the game with no problems up until now. I am going from the Harbinger to the Harbinger engine room and the load bar goes to about halfway and stops then windows gives me the KOTR2 has encountered an error and needs to close. When I have gotten this message before it asks if you want to send a reprot or not and that was all. With the error message there is a debug button. I have tried hitting this and it still closes the game.

Also I have tried the updater in game to see if there was or is a patch yet which there is not, however I keep downloading a couple of files.

I hope someone knows how to fix this. I know others have gotten a lot farther in the game.

System Specs

Athlon 2200+

512 DDR Ram

GeForce TI4200 128mb (latest drivers installed)

well i had a similar issue when i first started kotor2 wasn't even off peragus and i started getting the kind of zoning crashes you describe... i backed up my save game folder, then uninstalled and reinstalled the game. moved my saves back and loaded the one before the zone and it worked... No guarantee it'll help you, but you could try, long as you backup your save files you're not losing your played time.