AI problems with the character I'm controling

I don't know why, but playing darkside I seem to be running into twice as many glitches as I did before. The AI for the character is kicking my butt more than the NPCs are. I had to finally try putting the AI on stationary as my character would often run off before I could even stop it. Even that way I still have had my character kill one creature to just run through mines, that my character is aware of, to go attack another creature. Ignore the fact I'M controlling it so it shouldn't be attacking until I select it, especially run over to attack when I haven't chosen to do so. He is set to stationary! He shouldn't move after a creatures! It says right in the description he doesn't move, but attacks creatures that come near. It doesn't say he moves over to a creature way out of melee range and then stay stationary there.

This adds to the one I've seen since the first moment I started playing. Were range combat characters run into melee before shooting then run back away to ranged. Add to that running through mines the are aware of to do it. The one from the first game where they will run off chasing creatures well away from the character or go agro on a creature that is well away and even when you control them then another party member agros on them. It has gotten all my party NPCs killed because I couldn't stop them attacking a group before I was ready. I'm glad the game is having fun playing, but in those situations I'm not.