Interesting "bug

PS: what is this "truncated ending" I keep hearing about? even before I bought the game I heard something about the ending being cut or something like that? what's that all about?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=31165

There is a TON of content that was cut out probably due to either XBox incompatibility problems and or because of the rushed Dec. '04 ship date by Lucas Arts (LA).

You'll see why a lot of people feel really let down at the end of this game (for various reasons) and what is worse, the devs actually left IN certain parts that lead to the cut material that make the game very sloppy and incomplete...

Like the "Redemption" quest bug. They should have just completely cut it; the guy running off altogether... But either they didn't have time or just thought people wouldn't notice and this happens more frequently as you progress through the games (Side-quests are opened, but there is no resolution and you are left scratching your head).

thanks dood!, I never actually thanked you. sorry for that.

I have this problem aswell..

But it doesn't seem to be the order of planets done...

I did Onderon, Dantooine, Nar shadaa and Korriban last...

I didn't get the Jedi redemption quest done either so maybe that is the cause? But as far as i can remember i never revealed myself. I loaded after i bumped into the grumpy mechanic...

People really need to study up on the BBB.

File a bazillion complaints with BBB and see what it does for you.

All filing a complaint against Obsidian to the BBB would do, would be IF Obsidian is a part of the BBB, they would then have "negative feedback" from the BBB. That is, if I phoned the BBB up and asked them about Obsidian, they'd tell me that there has been lots of copmlaints :rolleyes:"

Wow, a lot sure has been accomplished there. The Better Business Bureau has no power to do anything against any company, except tell customers to "beware."

Whoop-dee-do.....a lot of good it will do you.

As for the Attorney General.........

I just registered to add that I have the same problem. I don't feel like playing the whole damn thing on the off chance that I can avoid this by ether not getting the redemption quest or going to the planets in a different order - especially since Dantooine is the place where you get your personalized crystal.

If any of the devs read this, please get this fixed. Though from what I've read around here it's been over a month since they said the patch was comming out soon.

If anyone does come up with a fix I'd appreciate a post on how that can be done.

Good luck.