0x AA Annoyance

Was playin kotor in the run up to the release of Sith Lords, and was very pleased to find I could run it with all the specs whacked up to full, including full AA and 1280x res, making the game look very pretty indeed.

Why then, can I not run any AA at all in Sith Lords? Is it a driver issue? Is it poor optimising by Obsidian? When I turn it on to 2x AA my FPS drop quite noticeably, and beyond that the game is unplayable. AF is on 16x. Running Radeon 9700 Mobility with latest Omega drivers (yep, fixed the BSOD for me... for all the good it did). I refuse to play anything less than 1280x res (which to be fair, just about runs), coz the game looks horrible otherwise.

There better be one hell of a patch coming. BSOD, no AA, poor loading times, errors in loading, low FPS... I am NOT a happy customer.

NB: Lag on the main menu screen at 1280x?!?!

hey can you tell me what temps is your MR 9700 is getting? My game gets delivered today and my friends iMobile Radeon 9800 overheats like crazy.

Well I'm no techie but is it possible for the actual card to overheat? Sure that's the hard disc/processor's job. Either way, mine's not too bad. Not damagingly hot anyway.

Can we stay on topic please?

hey can you tell me what temps is your MR 9700 is getting? My game gets delivered today and my friends iMobile Radeon 9800 overheats like crazy.

Well I'm no techie but is it possible for the actual card to overheat? Sure that's the hard disc/processor's job. Either way, mine's not too bad. Not damagingly hot anyway.

MR 9700 is just to slow to maintain a decent fps with aa and af 16x with a res of 1280x1024

MR 9700 is just to slow to maintain a decent fps with aa and af 16x with a res of 1280x1024

Funny you should think so, it worked a charm in the original. No slowdown even in Kashyyyk Shadowlands.