ATI Catalyst Beta 8.07?

9mak9

I have a laptop and the comp is freezing after character creation. I installed the omega 4.9s cause i cant install the catalyst drivers. I tried to install the ATI catalyst beta 8.07 but it wont work. What else can i do to get the drivers to work. please anything would help, thanks

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=768

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=2391

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=2

CPUStepping=9

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName= Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=512

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=12.09GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=D:\

Drives=QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-242

[Video]

Video Card Name=MOBILITY RADEON 7500C

Video Memory=64

Desktop Resolution=1024x768x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.3.3842 WinXP Release

OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Renderer=MOBILITY RADEON 7500 DDR x86/SSE2

Vid Card Status=Fail

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Fail

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=SigmaTel C-Major Audio

Status=Pass

I'm guessing you're referring to these drivers.

I wouldn't recommend using them. They're dated 9-27-04 and only address issues with the original KOTOR. (I'm not entirely sure the original KOTOR's issues were successfully fixxed by them, either.)

For the original KOTOR, the solution is to run Catalyst 4.11. Unfortunately, KOTOR 2 locks up after movie playback with that version.

A solution I've adapted is to use up to date drivers (5.2) and insert "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" into teh swkotor2.ini file under [Graphics Options]. I'm not sure it actually does anything (it was a recommendation of another forum poster here) but since I've done that the game has been playable. It's still not as fluid as KOTOR 1 was under the 4.11 drivers, but I've made it into a prettyy wide-open area now and it's playable, which is a good sign because those were the usual places where things became unplayably choppy.

can u give me the link to where i can install the 5.2 drivers?

thanks

If you're on a laptop, they won't work for you, but either omega or dna will put some out soon :p

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

9mak9, you can mod the ATI Cat drivers to work with laptops i.e. Mobility Radeon. The relevant tool is aclled dhmodtool and a web search should turn it up. If you can't find it, it's easy to mod the appropriate inf file manually.

As Darth says, Omega will probably put out Cat 5.2 drivers soon at any rate. Their current install is based on the 5.1 set.

ok thanks, i mean is there anything that u guys know of already that i can download to help me. people have said the 4.9 cats and then the 8.07 cat beta. Ive heard several others but what would be the best choice fot me to try with me having a laptop and not the best graphics card. thanks again