KotOR II: A lesson in patience

Basically this is just me voicing my disappointment towards KotOR II, or in other words...a review of the game.

KotOR II hmm lets see? A few months ago I got excited about the next installment of what I thaught could be a great RPG series but it would appear my expectations where correct in assuming Obsidian could NOT handle a game of this scale, poor storyline, glitchy gaming (WTF is that about? is this not the same engine as KotOR?) and poorly thaught up characters i.e. G0-T0 and Hanharr, make KotOR II more than simply disappointing, they make it a colossal failure in living up to its predecessor.

Another of my complaints is its non-improved possibly even smaller then KotOR's game world enviroments, paths that are etched obviously and exceedingly small..a simple lesson can be learnt from a game called Morrowind, an XBox launch title if I'm not mistaken, four years old? and still on a giganticly larger enviroments compaired to KotOR/KII, due to KotOR's involving storyline and a simply well put together game I overlooked it but with this filth, this waste of 50 dollars called KotOR II I cannot nor will I..

Now on to the remarkably uncreative character additions, G0-T0- We already have two droids, HK-47 and T3-M4 both are solid characters and neccisary to the storyline of this time...but G0-T0? I dont need this fat floating piece of shoot around my ship making smart arse comments all the live long day..Hanharr was retarded...must every game have a wookie of some sort? not only that I believe Zaalbar was handled much better in terms of background and overall graphics in KotOR. Handmaiden was alright, I wish she had a name...who wants an apprentice named Handmaiden...wtf? I know she gets a name like two minutes before the game finishes but still.And Kreia, the old smart arse herself who conveinently train Revan,Sion, and now the exile...how conveinent for Obsidian eh?

Now to the bad guys, Sion and Nihulus (I think I spelt that right)..Maybe Obsidian was attempting to pinncale evil in making these? but their efforts fall short and make for retarded villains who's goals seem not to be galactic domination as most Sith have been attempting but in the case of Opera man he is seeking his dinner and Sion? pfft who knows wtf he wants other then to kill jedi..Revan, the conqueror with power and foresight left the galaxy for unknown reasons (I possibly havent unlocked all comments from HK,Kreia and who I think is Canderous so maybe theres an explanation in there) Seemingly odd, Revan had the Republic shattered,broken...as where the jedi and *she* simply chose to take a vacation something I hear Sith rarely do.

At the time I considered Malak to be the pinnacle of Sith brutality, ordering planetary bombardments..and disregarding lives of billions...Nihulus (WTF NAME IS THAT? Sith are supposed to take names like "Vader,Maul,Sidius..Revan and Malak where also in fitting" even Sion is acceptable but "Nihilus" WTFH is that? another lame attempt by Obsidian. Oh, and Nihilus' ship? Ravager or w/e...yeah, that's basically a bulky star destroyer, you arent fooling anyone Obsidian, attempting to cover for you're sad lack of creativity.

I was hoping for a few appearances from old char's (not in the part) such as Mission and...well I suppose that's it eh? but I cant complain about this too much as I have seen Carth or *Admiral Onassi* and who if I am not mistaken Canderous or as he is known now as *Mandalore* although oddly Onassi and some fellow named "Admiral Cede" take focus as who the Harbinger contacts and Green responds to as well, random through each game I guess?

I have seen forum posts about KotOR III and they anger me, much as this mess of a game does...there shouldnt be a KotOR III and most definately Obsidian should NOT develop it, if anything we should black out KotOR II, rise up in an angry mob and demand BioWare remake KotOR II as it should have been done.

If anything this could be a lesson to Developers, publishers, and Gamers/Consumer's to identify a product before hand i.e. Not letting Obsidian make this game into the tragedy it is, and not rush to put out a product that is sub-par to its counterpart.

I suppose maybe my anger from not being able to play MMORPG games and being forced back to restrictive console nightmares comes into play here, but after venting some of my feelings on KotOR II maybe I can move on... :devil: