Can’t save/load worlds

I played the game for about 25 to 32 hours during the week, one day I left the game and when I went to enter the next day my saves disappeared, I tried to relog and nothing happened, help I can't enter any saves, they are all gone

111111111111111111111111.png

I'm getting the error when trying to load the world save.  I've had 0 trouble loading the save before, and I'm the owner of the save.  I definitely didn't delete it, either.

missingsave.PNG

• Hmmm 1

I was having the same issue as well, which started sometime between last night and early this morning (7am ET).

Now, when trying to host a multiplayer game the game is not loading any saves at all (just says loading saves with a spinning gif graphic).

Please help, thanks!

• Hmmm 1

Same thing is happening to me.  I don't know if it is related, but I added two settings to Engine.ini to mitigate the amount of distance blurriness as it was messing with my eyes and giving me a headache.

If it helps, I added the following:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=2
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=2

I have been able to bypass this problem by disconnecting from the internet and loading the game.  After which it loaded once, then back to stuck loading like the OP.

Unable to load from auto save a shared world.

When first attemptint to load, the following prompt appears, and I am no longer able to attempt to load my save and see this prompt again even after shutting down the OS and cold-booting. The only thing that appears is this "processing" in the upper corner of the world select screen.

I also tried to convert this save to a singleplayer copy to play offline, however the singleplayer copy won't load either.

I checked around reddit and the forums and it seems like this is a server-side issue, Hopefully it is fixed soon! thanks for all your hard work.

missingsave.thumb.PNG.dfad76958313be3b1f06483033a3dd7d.png

Untitled.jpg

Edit: Created a brand new singleplayer world, and the game loaded in the character/location and inventory for my shared world character as opposed to the kid case.

Obviously since this is a new world, my base is now gone and I am just standing where I was, complete with kit/loadout from when I logged out of the shared world.

An interesting bug

Upon exiting the new save and attempting to reload the old shared world from "host multiplayer", I am stuck on "processing" again and unable to load either singeplayer save I just created from the "continue" singleplayer menu.

Upon exiting the game and reloading it, I am still unable to load either singleplayer save and it is still "processing." Will attempt a cold boot to see if that solves the issue of loading singleplayer saves.

Also, this is for the PC/Steam version FYI

Just shut down the PC and cold booted, game is still on "processing" -- unable to load any saves. The only option to play the game at this point is for me to create a brand new world.

It seems like the game is trying to pull data for the shared world even after restarting, which won't allow it to begin loading a local save, so it gets stuck. This must be somehow stored in the files because it opens every time stuck on "processing"

I created a third singleplayer save but was unable to load back into it after exiting to the main menu, or any others.

Restarting the game did not solve the problem either. I verified file integrity on steam and everything came back ok.

Thanks for reading

As the title states I loaded up grounded version 1.2.4.41.40 on xbox and my world an past world won't load, and at the top of the right Hand of the screen, there is a spinning wheel that says processing, I've waited around 15 to 20 minutes, to let it load but it seems like it's glicthed, this is also preventing me from loading into my old worlds and current one, I've tried closing the game and opening it up again, uninstalling then reinstalling, all to no avail. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me. Also any advice would be much appreciated. 

Same issue began for my friend and me just today. He's the original save owner, and he gets the error that Ody shared above: "CANNOT LOAD SHARED WORLD". I was the last person to host and I don't get this error, I just see "Processing" which circles forever, and all of the saves and backups are visible but clicking on "Load" does nothing.

Hey so I had this exact same problem just today and I fixed it myself somehow. I tried uninstalling, verifying and repairing game files, and even restarting my PC (I use PC game pass). None of these worked, but when I turned my internet on and off a couple times it magically fixed itself. I'm talking straight up disconnect and reconnect your internet not the online and offline for Xbox and such. Make sure to try a couple times and do it while at the save screen and outside the game. When it worked for me I did it at that save endless loading screen and the game completely froze and basically crashed so I had to close it, but when I reopened it was all working again. I hope this helps.

Hey guys I don't know if this will help anyone but I was having the same issue and I was able to fix it. I play grounded on PC game pass and ran into the issue of saves not loading, endless processing circle, and then showing no saves at all or even being able to save in singleplayer and multiplayer when making a new game. I tried everything like reinstalling, repairing files, and even restarting my PC. The only thing that did something and fixed my issue was literally disconnecting and reconnecting my internet on my PC. I did it once when I was outside the game and noticed a change once I was in the game but it was still broken. So while still at the save loading screen I then disconnected and reconnected the internet again and the game completely froze and crashed so I had to close and reopen but this time everything fixed itself. I hope this helps someone and I would say just keep messing with it since it may be tied to internet.

2 hours ago, Sheeesh said:

Hey so I had this exact same problem just today and I fixed it myself somehow. I tried uninstalling, verifying and repairing game files, and even restarting my PC (I use PC game pass). None of these worked, but when I turned my internet on and off a couple times it magically fixed itself. I'm talking straight up disconnect and reconnect your internet not the online and offline for Xbox and such. Make sure to try a couple times and do it while at the save screen and outside the game. When it worked for me I did it at that save endless loading screen and the game completely froze and basically crashed so I had to close it, but when I reopened it was all working again. I hope this helps.

This worked for me too. Physically disconnect your internet and wait a while, then restart your computer, reconnect your internet, and try again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, Sep7ic Marauder said:

Upon exiting the new save and attempting to reload the old shared world from "host multiplayer", I am stuck on "processing" again and unable to load either singeplayer save I just created from the "continue" singleplayer menu.

Upon exiting the game and reloading it, I am still unable to load either singleplayer save and it is still "processing." Will attempt a cold boot to see if that solves the issue of loading singleplayer saves.

Also, this is for the PC/Steam version FYI

If the problem persists, consider checking the game's community forums or reaching out to the game's support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or offer insights into the issue you're facing.