Jumping Spiders

Hello Team and Community,

I have been playing Grounded since it's first game preview release on Xbox. I've seen how far this game has developed into what it is today. I have been thinking a lot on additional content for the game. One that has been on my mind now for a while is jumping spiders, and their related armor, weapons, and possible mutations that could fit perfectly in your game. Below is my idea:

The Jumping Spider:

The enemy type is an ambush predator jumping on it's target and using surprise attacks to overwhelm it's prey. It would be a fast attacker that would literally pounce on you from afar and unleash fast attacks before leeping away to prepare for it's next attack. Either option as a summoned boss or roaming backyard enemy would be fine. However, the use of a roaming enemy type would be more thrilling to me as not knowing when they would attack plays on how they are in the animal kingdom. They could fit anywhere in the backyard with the upper garden jungle being a primary location. Their parts would be the typical spider chunks, jumping spider legs, and those big eyes. With those parts in hand they would provide an opportunity to craft a unique armor and tools for future backyard adventures.

Jumping Spider Armor:

The armor unique to Jumping Spider parts would feature the typical three perks (base perk, sleek perk, set perk). The idea is to turn the wearer into an ambush predator or parkour enthusiast. The base perk could focus on reducing fall damage with three pieces practically removing fall damage entirely. The Sleek path would increase jump height of character allowing for a more vertical approach to engagements and navigation. Finally the set perk would be allowing the wearer to charge attack faster after landing from a jump. This set would allow for a unique experience to the backyard with new movement possibilities.

Mutations:

Similar to Mithridatism from wolf spiders, Ambush Predator could be an excellent opportunity provided from Jumping Spider kills. This would make the user capable of taking on encounters as an assassin and exploit weaknesses! The mutation could allow for weak spots to be made on a target from the first hit on the target if they were not aggressive towards the user. Allowing for future hits in that area to increase damage dealt from all sources. The idea here is to ambush the target and overwhelm them just as a jumping spider would.

Overall, I hope you like my idea for the jumping spider and that we could see this addition in a future update. Thank you so much for making a great game, and for all your hard work on this amazing experience. Grounded has been a great experience for me and my family and we cannot wait to see what comes next. 

P.S. I am typically a healer/support in roleplaying games and would love to see that option further developed on. I also have some ideas for that. Thank you for the new wasp queen, mutations, and tools. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, I think that the jumping spider should be more of a neutral critter that you can make a pet out of.

I know that sounds weird, but I have seen people keep jumping spiders as pets and said spiders showing a preference to stay with their owner. I just think it's cute, and I personally think that it would be awesome to have a little spider pet that could hunt for you.

And if you may think that there would be a big size difference, adult jumping spiders (generally) range from 4-16 mm long, or around .4-1.6 cm long. Which is interesting considering that a Black Vine Weevil (the kind that weevils in Grounded are based off of) are only about 9-14 mm long. (.9-1.4 cm) That's not really big enough to eat a player in the game. 

• Like 1