Is Rymrgand one of the Engwithan gods?

Since this a Deadfire forum I think the title is spoiler-free. I hope. Would have posted in stories forum but seems completely dead.

Anyway, Rymrgand says and does things that makes it sounds like he is somehow different from the other gods, like he has a more fundamental role in Eora? In particular this line from Beast of Winter has me wondering. This isn't really a spoiler except to tell you that in The Beast of Winter you talk to The Beast Of Winter, but I'll tag it anyway. Read it and tell me what you think. He says

Spoiler

"Do you so tire of the pantheon that you seek me out specifically? I am flattered. I have nothing more to say to them. They are petty fools to the one, created in the image of the kith that made them."

This language "tire of the pantheon" and "nothing more to say to them" and "created in the image of the kith that made them" all makes it sound like Rymrgand is outside of the pantheon and the process that created them, but I can't find anything definitive about it. I mean the gods are supposed to embody various aspects of the people who created them. Like Hylea is hope and spring and Eothas is redemption, Woedica is harsh authority, even Skaen represents the downtrodden in his own way. But Rymrygand is described as "God of entropy, cold, winter, bad luck, famine, and natural disasters." Kind of hard to imagine how the God of entropy came from people...

Edited by Shai Hulud
  • Like 1