The Sea Giant, the False Dragon, and the Futakuchi-onna

Hopefully this will be my last post. Again, so sorry. These ideas will be cool though.

Let's start with the last one first. The Futakuchi-onna is a strange ghost in Japanese folklore. It takes the form of a beautiful woman until you notice the second mouth on the back of its head. Also, it is a very strange nickname to give to an earwig, even though an earwig looks like it has two mouths.

Earwigs, like a lot of other bugs in Grounded, live their own lives and have their own schedule. Earwigs, being nocturnal creatures, will hide in burrows and caves during the day. They only come out to hunt at night, adding even more danger to the night. They are tier 2 and drop Earwig Wings and Earwig Mandibles, used to make the tier 2 glider.

They will mostly attack using their deadly derriere, using an attack similar to that of the Ox Beetle. Body-checking you as they whip their body around, and then jabbing you with their butt-blades. They also have attacks akin to Soldier Ants and Larvae, a one-hit bite and a three-hit thrash.

The "False Dragon" is my clickbait nickname ("clickname" if you will) for the Damselfly, since everyone wants dragonflies but then they remember that a dragonfly is the size of a skyscraper to an ant. I was also one of those people, so I made a compromise. A Damselfly looks like a small dragonfly, but they aren't a dragonfly. Hence, "False Dragon".

Damselflies are neutral insects that chill around the Pond. They also inhabit the garden right next to the pond. They are tier 3, and when aggroed, can be a straight-up boss fight, even to endgame players. They drop Damselfly Wings and Damselfly Antennae, used to make the tier 3 glider.

Damselfly Larvae are hostile tier 1 bugs that inhabit the Pond. IDK what they would drop.

And now for the "Sea Giant"...the saucer bug.

I always wanted a water bug in the pond. But sadly, water bugs are too big, except for the saucer bug, the runt of the water bug litter. These things are ambush predators both IRL and in the game. In-game, they are deep-sea monsters. Ogres of the sea that hide in the seagrass at the bottom of the pond, deep in the muck, and then you hear a roar. A split second later, you have been decapitated by a horror you never saw.

Yep, this is another open-world miniboss encounter. I am surprised we didn't have water bugs in the pond caves, seeing how valuable Sunken Bones are. These things hide in the vegetation in the pond caves and then lunge out at you. Bring a shield. I've always wanted a Reaper Leviathan-esque encounter in Grounded, and this is it. The Saucer Bug is tier 3, and is basically an underwater Ladybug with mandibles. It fights like a Ladybug, except for one attack unique to this enemy where it grabs onto you and thrashes you around, similar to how Reapers grab your Seamoth. It has the same health as a Ladybird, but is weak to stabbing. Also bring a Rust Spear, preferrably upgraded.

These things are rare, there are only a few spawn points for them. They are exclusive to the Pond Caves. They drop Saucer Bug Mandibles and Saucer Bug Parts, used to make the Sword of the Sea Giant, the only sword that can be used underwater. It does a little less damage than the Toenail Scimitar, but is very versatile.

And that is all for this post! Good luck, backyard dwellers. Hopefully the two of you that read this liked it!