Please move mosquito spawn

One of the coolest places on the pond to build a base in in the hollow log floating across the pond from the oaktree. I built a nice home inside the log the base is useless due to the mosquito spawn next to it. If the spawn was moved either direction would be great as to open up the small area to interesting builds.

I normally have no problem building in Hazardous areas but the mosquitos are really easy to pull agro. 

Just saying it sucks to kill three mosquitos and then wake up and have to fight them again a couple days later.

Just something to consider for survival builders.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you build the base before reaching a level where the mosquitos now spawn there. I think it is unlikely that the studio is going to cut a patch to move mosquito spawn to accommodate one players base. LOL. But they might consider the more general case of when a player establishes a base, that as they level up and certain species eventually have spawn points there, to put that spawn point outside the base. One could argue realism -- would insects come along and build a nest in a spot that is frequented by another creature? Probably not.  They would opt to nest somewhere more secluded. 

Yes, I am aware that I just advocated for realism -- in a game where people have been shrunk. LOL. 

• Like 1

I have a similar thing with my base on top of the Bird Table on bottom right of map. Three spawn regularly. Woah makes it more the challenge 😉

I'm split with whether I would want them gone or not as:
1) They always provide heart pumping action (lol) but
2) Realistically in real life your interaction and cleaning up of the area would wipe them out.

If I were Obsidian I would find it a tough call to decide the best approach!

So.....concise ideas....
1) You could tweak existing written code. That is, make traps in the game more effective/durable as they have sadly been made redundant in recent balancing OR
2) Move the bugs spawn X amount decided by proximity of player structures. This would require new code though so......plus I could imagine workbenches all over the map which wouldn't be a cool thing!

Myself, I like the traps idea because you could always loot the bodies and this could also trigger raids which already exist....mwuhahaha

Edited by dazza61