Regrow cut down grass/weeds

I wish I had this earlier but didn’t realize that cutting the grass completely down would prevent the grass from growing again. It would be nice to have the ability to have a way to regrow the grass like watering an area for them to grow back or I’m fine if it just takes longer for it to grow back. But just never having it grow back when there’s no foundation blocking the area is a little frustrating since the game doesn’t teach you that and I’m a point where I have to travel far in order to get grass and weed stems. I had read misinformation on initially to cut it all the way down to later find out that it doesn’t work that way. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 8:17 AM, Canderous1305 said:

Cutting it all the way down doesn't stop it from regrowing afaik. The only thing that does that is if you build on top of it or in the proximity.

That's not what I see from my game at least. Whenever I've done this, I'm not seeing the grass grow back at all and it's not close to any of my building structures. This had made me give up building a base in these areas when that happened as the only way to get grass and weeds over to an island (Rash island specifically), I'd have to build a zipline to there. I ended up not opting to do that, but would've liked to have built a cool house around that area. It was my fault for reading an out of date information about how grass regrows, which the person said it would only grow if you cut the stump down, but later found out that it was the case in the early Game Preview state.