Pillars or Eternity possibly the best RPG

Okay I know this is late considering the age of the games, but I didn't really get to play when they came out, I ended up with Covid and was essentially bed bound so I fired up the Xbox and messed around with game pass and I stumbled onto these games and though "oh look , it's kinda like icewind dale I loved that game as a kid..."  now I'm hooked I've been running around reading everything the lore and depth of world building are amazing. The story is a slow burn that many have criticized however it feels like it was designed from the perspective of a traditional TTRPG campaign there is so much to do. I can't speak higher of these games and I can't wait to replay them with new classes as my main so I can RP different choices more in line with that character. I am now working on finding the originals in physical format on Xbox ( I purchased them on steam but I also want a physical backup incase internet is for some reason i unavailable or if I no longer pay for game pass these have become my new go to game replacing dark souls

• Like 6

Yeah they're excellent and the best cRPG's I've played. I don't have the most experience with the genre, I didn't play the classics when they came out (played them years later, can appreciate them but it's never the same thing).

They're the kind of games where you get out what you put in, the more  you invest into the lore and mechanics, the more rewarding the experience.

As for a backup copy, why not buy it on GOG so you have a completely DRM free version.