My Weapon and Shield Disappeared!?

Hello,

I was fighting a moth and died. I went and retrieved my backpack but when I opened my inventory I noticed that it was empty. I immediately force-quitted the game and relogged. This time instead of going to retrieve my backpack I decided to recover it via the Game Repair menu. When I got it back from the kid case, although it appeared empty, whenever I was trying to collect, say some food or plant fiber, I would get the message that my inventory was full. I relogged and the items were appearing normally. The only things missing were my fully upgraded Tick Macuahuitl sword and my black ant shield (can't remember if I had these or my crossbow equipped during my death).

Is it possible to retrieve my sword again? 😐

Thanks

Hey there!

This happened to me as well, and I think that, also thanks to your comment, I can narrow down the causes.

In my case I was fighting a bee. I believe the issue can be related to trying to switch weapons right before dying. I was using my bow against the bee, then the bee charged against me so I tried to switch to my melee gear (black ant sword and shield). The bow was still physically in my hands, but the melee weapons were already highlighted, and just then, the bee killed me.

Perhaps these weapons were in some kind of limbo between backpack and equipped?

I've sent an email to the Obsidian team with my bug details. Hope they can solve it soon!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:49 AM, CyLuK said:

Hey there!

This happened to me as well, and I think that, also thanks to your comment, I can narrow down the causes.

In my case I was fighting a bee. I believe the issue can be related to trying to switch weapons right before dying. I was using my bow against the bee, then the bee charged against me so I tried to switch to my melee gear (black ant sword and shield). The bow was still physically in my hands, but the melee weapons were already highlighted, and just then, the bee killed me.

Perhaps these weapons were in some kind of limbo between backpack and equipped?

I've sent an email to the Obsidian team with my bug details. Hope they can solve it soon!

My theory was that this happened because I force-quitted the game and it was maybe auto-saving during that time, but your thought sounds more plausible, given that I also switch between weapons a lot. I eventually gave up on recovering the sword  and ended up crafting a new one.

The Obsidian team reached out to me and basically said that when it comes to recovering lost items, their ability to do something is limited but they will investigate the matter to prevent it from re-occuring. Hopefully they will since losing progress (especially when it translates into hours) is very frustrating.