I'm quitting this game.

I am someone who has played Grounded since the very beginning, I've probably played for 300 something in game days and dealt with a lot of the good an bad of the game during development. The main thing I loved about this game is how much the combat system rewarded skill. If you're good enough with perfect blocking you can easily speed run the early game and get to the end game. I started playing again 2 weeks ago after taking a long hiatus, and have been grinding along in the end game for a while now.

However the latest round of nerfs have made the games combat system feel terrible. All because of losing natural explorer during combat. Without a dodge roll or similar ability that let's you control spacing in a fight, the combat system now feels incredibly bad. I went from being able to take on several of the highest tier enemies quite easily at the same time, to being bogged down and having to heal tank through enemies instead.

One single infected wolf spider, or a few black ox beatles in one area are now harder to fight than black widows or either of the actual bosses in the game. 

The complete loss of speed to the point of feeling like you're walking through mud is enough to make me decide to go back to other games with more rewarding feel to combat.

Side note after the nerfs running the coaltana and mint mallet with fire ant armor now feels more powerful than the poison build. Which means an armor set that requires killing a few fire ants is now better than an armor set that requires killing 7+ black widows and the broodmother. Although I'm not a fan of the poison build because it doesn't fit my playstyle, that seems a bit ridiculous.

• Like 2

To be honest your comment makes no sense, you were talking about how you enjoy the combat because if you are skilled enough you can perfect block and be rewarded for your skills. Then you say you need a roll dodge to control spacing but can't you perfect block then back up a little? And they nerfed a few items and abilities, so they aren't as powerful, and so that other abilities and set pieces get a bit more usage. I personally enjoy not having to go for one specific set and one specific weapon and use only a few mutations in order to play the game. It is supposed to be challenging, if you don't like the challenge lower the difficulty.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Sparkles, it's about the feel of the combat now. It's so static and slow. You just stand in front of enemies, perfect block and attack. There's nothing else to it anymore. Most games with a rewarding feel to the combat have an element of movement that makes it feel more fast paced and adds some variance and skill to the combat. Manipulating the spacing of enemies to dodge attacks or bait the ai into using certain attacks is a fun skill to learn.

Now in grounded you just stand there and attack. It's just bleh.

Sparkles, I don't care that they nerfed the poison build because it's something I used or enjoyed. It just seem like poor power scaling that the end game armor that is the hardest to aquire isn't as good as armor that you can get from just killing some fire ants.