Random FPS drops

Platform: PC
Single Player game
Description of issue:
All of a sudden on my current save the FPS randomly drops causing a frame stutter, I can monitor this by standing still and it will show 120 fps the suddenly drops to 
100 then back to 120, when moving around you will see a micro stutter when this drop occurs which happens every 5 to 10 seconds. Rather annoying when trying to block :D 

• Like 1

Ok so Im not going insane trying to figure out if it was on my end or not. Hope a fix comes out soon, pretty hard to play getting stutter like that every 10 seconds.. And kinda weird. Should have that harsh of a stutter going for 140-120 frame drops like that. But i did notice, when my friend hosted and I joined my stutters went away.

Seems to be a post on the steam forums also mentioning the stuttering, suggesting its the food stock piles from the ants growing to insane amounts, now that would make sense as its gradually gets worse over time, even starting a new game its ok for a while but slowly starts to stutter again. I took a visit to the trash bags and the stuttering was a lot worse around that area.  I'll take a break until they fix it.

Yeah it’s terrible for me on my Series X. Practically unplayable at times. I tried decreasing my XBOX refresh rate from 120 hz to 60hz. It didn’t really help. Turned on and off AMD Freesync pro on my LG OLED, and decreased motion blur in the game. With AMD Freesync Pro on and Motion Blur off I think it’s slightly better but it seems to get worse the longer the game is played. Before 1.0.4 update, I crashed a lot and, hey, that’s better with the update. But now this jittery thing while I’m jumping over a ledge. It’s a guaranteed splat. Lol!

I had suddenly bad performance , it was one of the ant hills.  See the post linked here: its the ant hill by the sandbox for me. It had 700 something peices of food . When I arrived there was 6 ants inside it and sooo much lag. Picking up on mass and then trashing the entire stack over and over until no food remained fixed my performance.