Yeah totally the same here too. Constantly freezing and lagging so much, game is basically unplayable at this point. It’s amazing that playing the game before in game preview was buttery smooth and I can even play the game via cloud streaming and again buttery smooth, but a dedicated console has problems??? Weird!!

I have decided to stop playing until this is fixed, real shame but I can't do boss fights or the final defence mission with the way the game now runs on xbox one. It was so much better before the last patch and would happily give up the sort function in return for eliminating the constant whole game freeze. 

Getting the exact same issues on 2 series S system and 1 Series X system. Shared world loaded it up on my laptop and it’s much better.. so definitely an issue with the Xbox build after these recent patches framerate drops screen freezes.. unplayable near food spots with a ton of ants… please check this out would love to finish the game but unable to due to these issues!! 

Ok so new patch is now out and it is making the lag, stuttering and freezing much worse sometimes freezing for over 6 seconds at a time( gone up in time since patch No2) I’m in single player on an old save from the game preview days. I don’t want to start a new game a waste almost 600 in game days with my current save. It seems old saves are causing the issue, looks like obsidian is going to force me into starting a new game 😢

On 10/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Asthmatic said:

Ok so new patch is now out and it is making the lag, stuttering and freezing much worse sometimes freezing for over 6 seconds at a time( gone up in time since patch No2) I’m in single player on an old save from the game preview days. I don’t want to start a new game a waste almost 600 in game days with my current save. It seems old saves are causing the issue, looks like obsidian is going to force me into starting a new game 😢

I'm having the same issue and it's making the game almost unplayable. The game freezes on me every 30 seconds or so. I'm also playing on an old save with 300 game days and would not want to restart a new game. My daughter started a new save after the launch and is not having any issues so it is definitely related to old saves. 

I totally agree, I have started another play through even though I don’t want to and so far no problems. It’s strange that players made a fuss before 1.0 release saying that they wanted to play on their old saves and keep their progress obsidian said in their podcast that this would be the case but you will have to replay some of the story again, everyone seemed happy but no mention of issues or lag?? Then 1.0 released and they snuck in a little disclaimer on the old game saves saying it might have issue when playing, sneaky of them again nothing mentioned. I’m hoping that they can address this before it gets any worse. This has been reported to them. Let’s see what happens🤞

Please help obsidian !!

• Thanks 1

I'm on series X and I'm on a save file created after the 1.0 release and experiencing theses same issues. Fps drops that spike constantly even when just standing still. I've also been seeing some of the graphical artifacts like the floating bands of ground geometry/texture in random places.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forrestcrump said:

I'm on series X and I'm on a save file created after the 1.0 release and experiencing theses same issues. Fps drops that spike constantly even when just standing still. I've also been seeing some of the graphical artifacts like the floating bands of ground geometry/texture in random places.

Same exact experience here your definitely not alone. Some are saying it's linked to the ants collecting hundreds of food bits challenging the game at load then in run time. Let's hope the fix this one ASAP 

Man, I love this bug.  It is literally the graphical equivalent of an array of of bounds error.

I found where someone posted on reddit and I confirmed on my Xbox that black ants are gathering large amounts of food (in a pool of water near the hose coil) and causing lag. When the amount of food gets to around 1000 items, you can't even reach the area without screen freezes. I had to adjust my field of vision to 60 just to reach the pool. Since I'm not that far along in the game, I did a suicide mission without any gear, but I'm back at base and no more stuttering!

20221027_074646.jpg