When I try to load any save (tried several different ones), it loads me in at the same spot, at random times of day, missing a bunch of gear and tools I recently crafted, and with most of my milk molar unlocks reset. I've tried deleting the original save it seems to be stuck on, as well as autosaved copies of it. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Hi, also just encountered the same issue.

1 issue causing it maybe, was that i finally logged in via microsoft account to try get my achievements working cos i had none unlocked even though iv played 90 hours.

So i played a while, made a few saves, died in 1 spot and thought id just quit game and steam. restarted it all and some achievements started showing, however i was not at my last save location, my inventory is not what it was, iv lost my antlion sword, new star mace etc. and it keeps popping up on screen iv unlocked buff lungs! its showing i only have 2 mutations when i have 10+.

Loading old saves isnt working either, just keep ending up at my base. Please fix asap.

16 hours ago, Thorn669 said:

Deasy08, I think you solved it! I also recently signed in to my Xbox account for the 1st time, so I opened the game and logged out to see if that helped, and it finally loaded the correct save! Hope it works for you guys as well.

mine seems to be fixed now! 😄 i 'logged out' of microsoft account but it seems like im still logged in, idk? anyway loaded up slightly older save from last night and all is fine!

Glad to hear urs in fine

For those with the issue, are the save files you have/had trouble loading titled as "Unknown", rather than showing the actual name of the location where you saved? 

And for those who have managed to resolve the issue, are new saves showing the correct names, or are they titled as "Unknown"?

This has just happened to me but I think its because my last save was in a spot off of the map.
But other saves also don't work and it cant be for the same reason.

EDIT: I found that signing out caused me to only be able to load the last save before signing in, Signing in fixed this problem but if you have not signed in yet ever, than I don't know what to do. Best of luck!

Edited by Dwarian
Found the Issue