Scarab Hunting

This is hard, any tips, advice?

I caught 2 but 1 got stuck on the edge of a cliff.

The other one I one shotted with the crow Xbow with a lure arrow but that was up close.

None of the arrows can get it in one shot not even the splinter arrows.

Wth are we supposed to do? Hold my hand. Lol

Use the survey station to search for twinkling shells.  Go to that area.

WALK around the area indicated on the map.  Staying off the ground helps.  If it sees you, it'll hit the NOS and there is no catching it.  If you chase it, it will burrow into the ground and you cannot dig it up.  You'll probably only get one shot.

Use a crossbow, as strong as you can get it, with splinter arrow and a crow feather cap.  The sharpshooter mutation may pin it to the ground and provide a second shot but if your crossbow is strong enough you should be able to one-shot them with that gear.  If you don't kill it with the first shot, you may be able to hit it again while it's running (I've done that once), and if you follow it slowly enough it may start walking back towards you and give you a second chance.  But to consistently farm them, you'll need to one-shot them.

Spotting them first is the hard part.

• Thanks 2

Thanks, since they added the super gas arrows I've been able to farm the bejaysus outta them. Hunting them into extinction.

Just wish the upgraded weapons we've made actually scale because they're still pretty useless. The insect bow and spider fang are still super weak. What's the point of upgrading them?

The point of a bow over crossbow is rate of fire, and you don’t have to wait for the reload animation to swap weapons in a pinch.  if poison effects stack, which it doesn’t seem like they do, you can apply a lot of venom in a short time.  However, when you consider the dps is pretty similar and the bows use waaay more ammo, the only reason not to use a crossbow is if you have a problem with enemies closing too fast and you can’t get your shield up in time.