Pillars of Eternity - Xbox Game Pass PC - UnityPlayer.dll error on start-up after uninstalling and reinstalling the game

TaylorTheSavior

Question

So after extensively looking for a fix for this issue I am completely lost and have no idea how to fix this. I downloaded Pillars of Eternity from Game Pass and over the course of 30 hours playing it dealt with weird crashing issues via Unity. The crashing would be inconsistent - sometimes it would happen after 15 minutes of playing the game, sometimes I could play the game for 2 - 3 hours and crash there. After tolerating it for several hours I decided to try and fix the problem and saw online that one of the things that might help is to uninstall the game and reinstall it.

After I uninstalled the game, I reinstalled it and was hit with the error I'm currently getting. Upon trying to open the game I get a "PillarsOfEternity.exe - System Error". It further reads "The code execution cannot proceed because UnityPlayer.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I cannot find a fix. Any help would be appreciated!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet