Voice Chat Settings Bug

I'm playing Grounded with my fiance, she's on the Xbox, I'm on PC, with both of us being in the same room, so we don't need voice chat. The first thing I did was go into the audio menu and set voice chat to 'never'. Everything works fine there, but each time with start a new multiplayer session, we hear the voice chat again in the lobby, even though it's still set to never in my menu. I have to change it back to PTT or voice activity, apply and exit, then go back in and change it back to never to turn it off again. It's not a big deal at all, but something I figured I should bring up all the same.

One other suggestion; an "Are you sure?" button to confirm if you want to leave the multiplayer lobby would be nice. I accidentally shut down the multiplayer lobby during character selection a couple times now. Again, no big deal, and completely user error, but an option to prevent it would be nice.

• 2 years later...

Same thing happened to me just now on the latest patch test. Friend and I were on discord and launched the game. Suddenly I hear him in game singing and notice he isn't on discord. He also was set to Never. Seems like it could be a privacy setting worth investigating. I don't want to be yelling about my pizza rolls when I'm supposed to be muted!